Monday, November 15, 2010

Five weird things they taught me in school.

The following counsel was part of my bizarre early childhood education:

1. Jesus was a gentile even though he was king of the Jews. I am pretty sure 'gentile' means 'white'.

2. Native American culture was stagnate and would have never progressed were it not for European colonization.

3. Writing on your skin with a pen can cause ink poisoning.

4. In 5th grade, Mr. Baker told me that he did not understand why Shannon was so popular. If he were our age, he would like Teri best.

5. The boys will not chase you if you never let them catch you (first grade kiss-tag).

2 comments:

  1. ...not sure I understand #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's probably because you are more enlightened than some of my teachers have been.

    ReplyDelete